SEO reporting is a great way to inform website owners, colleagues, employees, stakeholders, or clients on how a website performs in search engine results. It’s an opportunity to strengthen work relationships, value SEO marketing efforts, and keep your online business running smoothly.
So, what is SEO reporting? How does SEO reporting help businesses today, most especially online business?
In this post, you’ll learn the benefits of SEO reporting for your e-commerce or online business.
Table of Contents
SEO reporting helps you track if your SEO strategy is effective by assessing your SEO key performance indicators (KPIs) or SEO metrics using an SEO reporting dashboard. Through a quality SEO report, you’ll also be able to assess your overall web marketing strategy.
Why is SEO reporting important for your online business? It’s because your SEO metrics would reflect the results of your sales and marketing efforts.
Implementing SEO alone won’t make you the next Amazon or eBay. Your SEO strategies should be conjoined with proper branding, pay-per-click, social media marketing, content marketing, and traditional advertising to ensure the growth of your online business.
Here are the SEO KPIs or SEO metrics that also matter when running a successful online business:
- Organic Sessions: It’s a measure of earned site visits from Google, Bing, and other search engines. It’s defined by a website visit, all user actions the visit, and user exit from the site. Organic traffic is measurable using Google Analytics. You can also integrate the data using a reporting tool for better data points cross-referencing.
Organic traffic growth is an important SEO KPI because it clearly aligns with the main SEO objective, that is, to get more customers on your website.
- Keyword Ranking: It’s an SEO metric that shows the positions of your specific keywords in major search engines, such as Google or Bing. The higher a website ranks for frequently searched terms or high volume keywords, the better.
SEMRush is a great tool to use in tracking keyword rankings. Improvements in keyword ranking are the first entry point so your online business can achieve other objectives, such as more traffic, conversions, leads, and sales.
- Leads and Conversions: Generating leads is important because you want them to be converted into paying customers. Tracking leads and conversion will assess the effectiveness of your e-commerce SEO tactics.
A lead refers to any kind of contact or action taken by a potential customer, such as signing up in your newsletter, submission of a contact form, webinar registration, a phone call, or completed purchase.
Determine A Website’s Strengths and Weaknesses
Every website has strengths and weaknesses. SEO reporting will help you identify the source of the problem or the success of a digital marketing strategy. For instance, by knowing your bounce rate, you’ll determine if your website or web pages satisfy the search query of users.
The bounce rate measures the percentage of sessions wherein the online user loads the web page or website URL but immediately exits without any action. Divide the number of inactive sessions by the overall number of sessions to compute your bounce rate. Generally, the average bounce rate is 40 to 60 percent. It means that about 50 percent of all sessions end without any actions taken.
So, how does the bounce rate determine your site’s strengths and weaknesses? If a website has a high bounce rate, it means that visitors find the web content or website not trustworthy, irrelevant, or frustrating to navigate.
You have to improve your website by having a user-friendly interface, more appealing content, or uploading a more interesting media, like posting more videos, audio files, images, or infographics. After making some site improvements, make sure to utilize SEO reporting by auditing your pages.
Performing an A/B test or split test into different SEO approaches will help you assess if your bounce rate will improve. Learn more about split testing and SEO reporting by watching this video:
Determine Your ROI or Expected Sales
A deep dive analysis into how organic traffic impacts your sales for your e-commerce site is crucial. That is why SEO reporting is essential since it can help you determine your ROI or revenue aligned with your marketing campaigns for your online business.
With SEO reporting, you can compare non-organic and organic traffic and how these two affect your sales. Also, you’ll understand important sales metrics, too, such as revenue per page and average order value.
Here are the good-to-know facts about the different metrics when it comes to determining an online business’ ROI or revenue:
- Average Order Value (AOV): It’s defined as the measure of the average dollar amount that’s spent each time a user or customer orders on a mobile app or website. You can calculate the average order value of your online business by simply dividing the total revenue by the total number of orders.
AOV helps offset the costs of customer acquisition, reducing your payback period and increasing the ROI, allowing you to accelerate profitability and add more money into product development or advertising.
- Revenue Per Page: It’s the amount of money your online business earns per web page. Tracking your revenue per page will help you determine what topics are the most relevant to your audience so that you can continue your best practices.
- Average Transaction Value: It’s the average amount (dollar currency) that a customer spends in a single transaction. It provides an average of the worth of the transaction during that period. The higher the average transaction value, the more income the company generates on every consumer who makes a purchase.
- Average Transaction Size: Divide the total sales by the total number of online transactions for the same period. This metric measures the average amount the customer spends on products or services on a shopping trip.
- Basket Value: This metric defines the total amount of the products through an e-commerce channel. One of the challenges is tracking multi-product purchases because they require more information.
Promotes and Strengthens Customer Engagement
Being able to track all the important metrics that matter to your web presence and online business will help you promote and strengthen your relationship with your customers.
Obviously, you don’t want to lose customers. One way of retaining customers is to continually know their needs and wants. This way, you avoid frustrating or disappointing customers.
Here are the customer engagement metrics that’ll help improve search rankings and attract more customers:
- Bounce Rate: This customer engagement metric monitors how often consumers visit a website, their length of stay, and from the point of navigation they landed on the site. Search engines may assume that your web pages are low-quality if you have a high bounce rate.
You can improve your bounce rate by improving navigation, writing clearer CTAs (calls-to-action), improving site responsiveness, and removing all unnecessary website elements.
- Impressions or Page Views: It helps improve a site’s search rankings. Once visitors arrive at your web page, they’ll look and read at a few more pages to find more insightful content.
More traffic usually results in a higher page view count. That’s why you also need to focus on your blog traffic by implementing good SEO and content marketing strategies.
- Brand Mentions: It’s a metric wherein you get mentioned on authority or trustworthy sites. Brand mentions are used in sending social media engagement signals to search engines, like Google, with a multiplier effect on search rankings.
You can increase your brand mentions by uploading interesting and helpful posts that readers cannot find elsewhere. This increases “likes” and shares on social media channels.
Encourages More Investors and Partnerships
If you want to expand your business globally, you need to entice more investors and build partnerships from suppliers, logistics, marketers, advertisers, retailers, and customers. With SEO reporting, you’ll have a clearer backup of why you need to expand or why investors would rather choose you from the many online businesses out there.
Here are the advantages of SEO reporting when it comes to enticing more investors and partnerships:
- It provides assurance that your site is performing well. By presenting your stats through your SEO dashboard, you’ll be able to capture the interests of potential investors to try investing in your online business.
- Show your revenue within a given period aligned with a digital marketing campaign, most especially SEO.
- Provide realistic and measurable data as a basis for sound business decision-making. Also, SEO reporting provides real-time data for a faster and smoother decision-making process.
- Shows a realistic forecast on how your website will perform in the future.
- It’ll help earn the trust and interest of potential investors and clients.
SEO reporting is beneficial for online businesses. It’s used to monitor the important key performance indicators that matter most to your business, such as organic traffic, conversion rate, lead generation rate, average order value, bounce rate, and page views. By doing so, you’ll be able to determine if your SEO and other digital marketing strategies are effective.
Also, you’ll know your site’s strengths and weaknesses so that you can make changes as necessary.