Product name: Mintvine
Product type: Survey panel
Price: Free to join
Best for: Beginners of survey panels or internet marketing newbies
I recently came across MintVine (now “Branded Surveys”) that has been around since 2012 and has managed to create a good amount of buzz over all these years.
In the following MintVine review, I have tried to cover all aspects of this paid surveys site and answer each question that you may ask to decide whether it is worth joining it or not.
The online survey panels and sites have been trending for many years now.
On one hand, these platforms help businesses in market research and data collection by arranging more and more people to participate in their online surveys. And at the other end are the people who take these surveys lured by the option to earn cash for simply sharing their honest opinions, interests, and preferences.
Seems to be a win-win situation for all, isn’t it? However, the growing reports of scams and complaints paint a different picture of these platforms.
You need to be careful enough as you, the respondent to these surveys might consider it a convenient cash making opportunity, but end up wasting time and money and putting your online safety at risk.
It is not like all online paid survey sites are bad. While some of them are, others are consistently performing good and proving their integrity. Then, there are few others that follow an honest approach but are seen as suspicious simply because their users either fail to understand their working or are impatient to earn quick fortunes online.
The best way to find a reliable and authentic online survey site is to do a lot of research. Spend a lot of time on the site to learn about its process, cash and reward systems and what does it demand from you.
There must be many users like you and reviewers like us who must have already done a great amount of research about the site and their experiences and efforts can help you decide.
In our series of reviews about online survey panels and sites, this particular one focuses on MintVine – another survey site with its own share of pros and cons. The review intends to provide detailed information about the company behind the site, its history and credentials, functioning and many other things that you might fail to notice even after spending quality time with it. So, let’s get started.
What is Mintvine?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Mintvine?
- 2 How Does MintVine Present Itself?
- 3 How Does MintVine Work?
- 4 What Do You Obtain with MintVine?
- 5 Is MintVine Legit or Scam?
- 6 What’s the Final Verdict?
MintVine is a survey site where you can register to take part in surveys and get paid in return. Just like many other paid survey sites, MintVine too pays for several actions like taking up surveys and daily polls, inviting others to join the site, signing up for different offers and so on.
Before you get started, it is important to know that MintVine has been rebranded as Branded Surveys. If you click on MintVine, you would no longer reach the official site MintVine.com but would be redirected to Branded Surveys.
So, if we mention MintVine review in the subsequent discussion, it automatically refers to Branded Surveys review only.
This is what Mintvine aka now Branded Surveys tell about themselves:
How Does MintVine Present Itself?
MintVine introduces itself as ‘one of the leading and largest online market research communities that reward people for their opinions’. Its aim is to help its clients, consisting of businesses and online advertisers, to gain insights about their respective markets and niches through people participating in surveys.
In the process, the clients obtain valuable data and insights and the participants in surveys are rewarded points that can be converted into cash or redeemed in a number of other ways that are described later in the review.
It is important to note that the online surveys on MintVine are not directly controlled by the site, but are operated by its clients. But that’s ok! As this is what happens with most of the other online survey sites and panels.
So, what do you need to know about the official website of MintVine or Branded Surveys? Well! The website indeed has a user-friendly interface which is easy to use and navigate through, especially if it is your first visit to an online survey platform.
It explains the entire process in a simple language and also has an introductory video which makes things even easier to grasp. The website also features a blog where it shares the latest in the market research and online survey industry which is definitely worth taking a look at.
Another noteworthy aspect of the site is the Branded Surveys Forum where the site users discuss different aspects and features of the site and are entertained by the site representatives.
It is worth mentioning that the MintVine Forum disappeared for a brief period of time a couple of years ago. While some consider that the step was taken after a lot many users started raising their concerns about the site, the forum was revived after the site was rebranded. That’s not much concerning!
MintVine Social Media Presence
MintVine allows users to sign up using their Facebook accounts. It means that the company partners with the popular social media platform and it can be considered as a plus point while evaluating its credibility. At the same time, there is a concern about the site harnessing the user’s Facebook profile and extracting personal information.
Depending on the privacy settings you imply on your profile, it may or may not be a concern for you. If you search for Branded Surveys on YouTube, you will find a lot of videos that can also be used to learn more about the site.
What Is Known about the History and Credentials of MintVine?
MintVine was launched in the year 2012 and it was rebranded to Branded Surveys in somewhere around 2017 (though, the exact date is not known).
The present owner of the site is Branded Research Inc. which is based in San Diego, CA, USA and offers the audience data and insight solutions to different types of enterprises located across the globe. Earlier, the site was accessible at Brinc.co but now the link redirects to Branded. So, we know that Mintwine belongs to a company which has a traceable address and contact information.
At the popular review platform Trustpilot, MintVine has 19,128 reviews (at the time of writing this review), out of which 67% rate it as ‘excellent’ and 21% as ‘great’. Only 2% of the reviews rate it as ‘bad’. The platform gives it an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
Digging further, we came to know that the company is accredited by the Better BusinessBureau since 2014. If you visit the BBB page, you will find that the company has received a ‘B’ rating from the bureau. When it comes to online survey sites, the rating is not that bad.
What is surprising is the fact that the company’s area code is shown as 432 which corresponds to Western Texas. As it is located in San Diego, its area code should be 619 or 858. However, it is certain that the company has a valid physical address.
How Does MintVine Work?
MintVine works similar to any other online paid survey site. Once you register with the site, they start sending your surveys on a regular basis on your provided email address. When you click on the link provided in an email, the survey begins.
All you need to do is answer a series of simple questions which is extremely easy to do. Usually, a survey takes 15-20 minutes, but the duration may vary. Once you answer all the questions and the survey gets completed, the site mentions the number of points you earn for participating in the survey.
Now, what is this point system? Each survey adds points (the number may vary for each survey) to your MintVine account. For every point, you can earn cash of $.01. It means for 100 points, you earn cash of $1.
In order to redeem the points into cash, you must have a minimum of 1,000 points in your MintVine account which will help you earn cash of $10.
MintVine offers many other ways, apart from online surveys, to earn extra points. Let’s learn about them one by one:
- Daily Polls: MintVine also conducts one poll every day. By participating in the poll (which takes just a few minutes), you can earn 5 points each day.
- Poll Streak:The site makes poll earning even more exciting by offering this option. If you log in continuously for 10 days to participate in daily polls, you receive 25 extra points. It means that you can earn 75 points (50 for participating in 10 polls-plus 25 extra) using this option.
- Profile Surveys: Another option to earn additional points is to participate in profile surveys. If you take all visible profile surveys, you can add an exciting 510 points to your account.
- Focus Group Invites: Yet another feature of the site of focus group invites in which you can indulge in group conversations with other MintVine users. If claims are to be believed, this option pays you anything between $25-50 on an hourly basis.
- Referrals: If you refer MintVine to a friend and he or she joins, the site will reward you in two different ways. First, you will get 50 points when your friend takes his or her first survey. Second, you will continuously earn 15% of the total earnings of your friend.
- MintVine Offers: To earn extra money, you can take the MintVine Offers that are posted by the site’s clients and advertisers. These offers require you to indulge in some kind of action that includes signing up for a newsletter, opting for a free trial, downloading a smartphone app or purchasing something. While it may be a good option to earn bonuses, but make sure that you keep your eyes open while accepting the offer. Evaluate the size of the bonus and what action it demands. For example, beware of joining an online gambling site if that’s the offer.
- In-house Product Testing: MintVine offers this option infrequently and only to the users who prove to be valuable in market research surveys. Cash of $25-50 can be earned through this option.
- Local Deals: Finally, you will find Local Deals in your MintVine Dashboard. These deals are offered by the site’s clients (business owners) who are active in your geographical area. If you make a purchase with them, you earn an additional bonus.
Redeeming with MintVine
Once your account reaches the minimum threshold value of 1,000 points, you can redeem the points in a number of ways. Here are the available options:
- Get the Cash: You can redeem the points into cash and get it transferred to your bank account using PayPal. For this, you must have an authentic PayPal account. Other alternatives to PayPal are Dwolla online payments and Branded Pay option that deposit cash directly into your accounts.
- Opt for Tango Gift Cards:The gift card makes you eligible to shop with one of the many reputed retailers that include Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart. You can also use these cards for movie vouchers or for eating at the selected restaurants. The site also offers Visa prepaid card when you redeem the earned points.
What Do You Obtain with MintVine?
In general, each MintVine survey offers points between 100 and300. It means that by participating in just 4-8 surveys, you can reach the minimum threshold value. In addition, you can earn the extra points and cash by option for one or many of the options described in the previous section. That’s not all!
If you don’t qualify (learn how the site decided your eligibility in the next section) for a MintVine survey sent to your email, you still get 5 points for every such incident. It is also worth mentioning that the site offers 200 points as a sign-up bonus to every new member. It means that you earn the cash of $2 just for joining the survey site.
Signing up with MintVine is an easy procedure that can be completed in 3 easy steps:
Step 1: Enter your first name, last name, and a valid email address.
Step 2: Choose a password
Step 3: Share your phone number when asked
As mentioned earlier, you can also use your Facebook account to sign up with the site.
WAIT, just before you sign up…
Not many people know, but MintVine online paid surveys site is available to only those living in the UK, USA, and Canada. So, if you live in any other part of the world, you may not be able to register with the site.
What You Need to Join MintVine:In a nutshell, you can qualify to join MintVine, if you:
- Are 18 years or above (the site allows members who are 13+ but only after they bring parents’ consent)
- Have a valid address of the UK, USA or Canada
- Have a valid email id or Facebook account
- Have a PayPal, Dwolla pr Branded Pay account if you wish to redeem the earned points into cash
Qualifying for Different Surveys
As you sign up with MintVine, the next step is to answer a number of questions that the site asks. These questions are usually related to the user’s age, gender, location, monthly income, shopping habits, hobbies, job profiles and so on. These are the important demographics that set the wheel of market research rolling for the advertisers and businesses (MintVine’s clients). So, based on the answers to these questions, the site will put you in a specific category and send you the relevant online surveys only.
Is MintVine Legit or Scam?
To answer this million-dollar question, let us summarize the above discussion and some more aspects in the form of pros and cons of joining MintVine.
It’s not a SCAM, but we would generally not recommend this site because of it’s low income potential and because that there are other better alternatives. However MintVine aka Branded Surveys is a totally legit company.
- First of all, the site is user-friendly and easy to sign up with. If you choose to sign up using your existing Facebook account, you get the additional advantage of directly referring the site to your social contacts in order to earn referral bonuses. When it comes to privacy concerns, you can trust the brand like Facebook and shed all your worries.
- The next thing that works in MintVine’s favor is the multiple ways in which it allows the users to earn points. One can easily indulge in different activities simultaneously without letting their other commitments getting affected.
- Accreditation from BBB is another aspect that can convince you to join MintVine. What I forgot to mention earlier is the fact that MintVine is also a member of The European Society for Opinion and Market Research (ESOMAR) which adds more value to its credentials.
- The site is absolutely free to join. Also, the website demands no information related to your credit cards and bank accounts. The chances of your information being sold to third parties are thin. It also doesn’t demand the users to download any kind of software.
- Finally, the customer support of MintVine is definitely worth mentioning. The administrators and customer support executives behind the scene might take time to respond, but they do attend the queries and issues faced by different users.
- While MintVine claims to redeem the points into cash within 48 hours, there have been reports that the actual time taken may exceed 2 to 3 weeks in certain situations. It may raise suspicion about the site among a lot of its users. However, the site claims that it is because the completed surveys take time to get approved from the respective advertisers/businesses.
- Secondly, the site doesn’t promise to make anyone rich and not at least in a few days. It follows a slow and steady approach. So, if you are impatient about making quick cash, the site may not fulfill your expectations.
- If you check the site’s BBB page, you will come across a number of user complaints. It is your choice whether you pay heed to them or not. It may be the case that users who fail to adhere to the site’s working and approach might count it as a bad experience.
- Finally, some users find it intrusive when the website demands their phone numbers. Many people are reluctant about sharing their numbers that may bring the association to a halt.
Based on many reviews from the site’s users I have gone through, one can earn between $40-50 per month, depending on what each survey pays and how much time you devote in participating in other opportunities.
MintVine is legit as indicated by its background information as well as online ratings and reviews available at many decent platforms. However, the earning potential on the site is average and you can’t expect to make a fortune with it.
What’s the Final Verdict?
When it comes to the reward system, payment, and customer support, MintVine is not worth spending the time in our opinion, however you can give it a try it’s free to sign up. At the same time, make sure you participate in the online surveys regularly to build up your value as a MintVine user. On the scale of 1-5, we rate MintVine at 2 and we don’t recommend this.