There are plentiful of online opportunities to make money. Then, there are multi-level marketing (MLM) companies within these opportunities that allow its members to make money through product buying as well as through team building. Then, there are scams among these MLM companies that extract big money from people in the name of investment and disappear into thin year after a few months. So, when you come here after reading or hearing about Paparazzi Accessories, you are willing to explore this opportunity but only after referring to an unbiased review about it.
Paparazzi Accessories is different from the usual money-making models like get paid to, where you earn rewards for completing tasks like participating in surveys, watching videos, joining offers and so on, and affiliate marketing, where you earn commissions by directing traffic to the sites you are affiliated to. These modes are free to join (except that you need to have a website or blog to be an affiliate) but Paparazzi Accessories is not. You need to shell out serious funds to be what they call a ‘paparazzi consultant’ and then expect to earn money. Though, time and efforts are the other things you would be investing to actually make money with the site.
In the review below, we take a look at the company’s basic model, history and credentials, functioning, payment systems and many other things through a magnifying lens. In the end, you should be able to discover and decide two important things:
- Is Paparazzi Accessories a scam or a legit platform to earn money?
- Is it sensible to invest time and money with the site in terms of returns you get?
So, let’s get started with it.
What Is Paparazzi Accessories?
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Paparazzi Accessories?
- 2 How Does Paparazzi Accessories Present Itself?
- 3 What Is Known about the History and Credentials of Paparazzi Accessories?
- 4 How Does Paparazzi Accessories Work?
- 5 What Do You Obtain with Paparazzi Accessories?
- 6 How to Get Started with Paparazzi Accessories?
- 7 Is Paparazzi Accessories Legit or Scam?
Paparazzi Accessories is a site that sells fashion jewelry, also known as costume jewelry, and other fashion accessories in a number of categories but exclusive through their consultants. The consultants are the site’s registered members who sign up with it by selecting one of the three available packages (more about them later). Here is a list of the categories in which the site offers fashion accessories:
- Hair accessories
The site not only offers fashion items for women but there are accessories like neck chains and bracelets for men. Also, the site features a specific category every month with the latest trends and talks of the season. So, how do the paparazzi consultants sell the site’s jewelry and accessories?
The site suggests a number of ways to do it – from hosting parties at homes as well as online to set up a replica site that resembles the original Paparazzi Accessories site and more. The most exciting part of the site is that it sells most of its products at $5 per item. Selling fashion jewelry and accessories at such a low price obviously seems easy and attractive. You may immediately start expecting all those fashion-oriented women in your life and contacts that would help you make a great business for the site. Isn’t it?
Next, you may ask what a consultant gets in return and as a reward for selling the site’s products. In fact, that’s one of the main questions you are here for. The site promises an exciting commission of 45% on the sale of each item. It means that you would earn $2.25 on each sale. Sound exciting, right?
And that’s not the only way you can earn with Paparazzi Accessories. You can recruit other ‘paparazzi consultants’ under you and enjoy a series of bonuses as your team begins to swell in size. You may again start thinking about recruiting your female friend who would recruit her sister and friend and they would recruit their friends and so on. After all, fashion accessories at $5 would on that switch in any woman. Keep on reading to know is it really that simple.
How Does Paparazzi Accessories Present Itself?
Paparazzi Accessories best describes itself as a home-based business that opens the door for other at-home people to set up similar businesses and money-making opportunities. The people behind the site endorses the slogans like ‘changing the way people look’, ‘changing the way people fee’ and ‘changing people’s futures and their lives’. The message is clear – buy great fashion accessories and set up a business simultaneously to bring in that change in your personality as well as the financial standing.
What the site doesn’t clearly reveal and what we got to examine by scanning the site is that it has two models – direct sales and multi-level marketing (you’ll learn about them in a while). Actually, the MLM model has earned such a bad reputation in the past few years that we understand why the site refrains from mentioning the term directly. Though, that’s a major part of the site’s working.
Paparazzi Accessories Website: The website of the company is exactly like a platform associated with fashion accessories should be. It is not just the ‘glitz and glamour’ that attracts the attention, but the payout is easy to navigate and the information shared is simple and to the point. You can easily understand the processes and packages to join the site without any hassles.
Paparazzi Accessories Mobile Presence: The site offers a Paparazzi Accessories App for paparazzi consultants for both Android and iOS devices. Though, there’s not much use of the app as it can only be used to shop from the site and view your earnings. But that’s the only thing you need to do with the site, isn’t it? The app enjoys a rating of 4.6 on the Google Play store but a low rating of 2.5 on Apple store.
Paparazzi Accessories Social Presence: Paparazzi Accessories is actively present on most of the popular social media platforms. On visiting the site’s social media profiles, we concluded that it regularly updates its profiles through posts and conversations. The site’s Facebook page has nearly 285,000 followers, while its Twitter handle boasts of more than 16,000 followers. With more than 63,000 followers on Instagram and nearly 19,000 unique monthly views on Pinterest, the site seems to be quite popular with social media users. It also runs a YouTube channel with more than 17,000 subscribers.
Paparazzi Accessories Support: The site’s ‘Contact Us’ page shares its telephone number as well as email id. However, a number of users complain that the site is very slow in responding back to the queries. Moreover, a very important section called ‘FAQ’ is missing from the website. Interestingly, there are many paparazzi consultants’ sites that offer better support through FAQ sections and by offering detailed information about how the site works.
What Is Known about the History and Credentials of Paparazzi Accessories?
We came to know about the company’s history from what is shared on their official website itself. The company was started in the year 2010 by two sisters Misty and Chani who simply liked to help women accessorize with the latest and happening fashion trends. The idea soon became popular with women from all age groups who started looking forward to the duo for fashion accessories. As the site claims, it took just about 6 months for the business to grow by 900%. Today, the company is run by Misty Kirby and her husband Trent Kirby along with Chani Reeve and her husband Ryan Reeve.
When we searched for the company’s credentials, we landed on the site of the Better Business Bureau. The BBB page for the company gives an ‘F’ rating to the company. It is indeed one of the lowest from the bureau. As far as the customer reviews and ratings are concerned, the company enjoys a rating of 3 stars on the page. Also, there are 35 consumer complaints against the company one can find with the bureau.
The company is based in Hurricane, Utah with the following address confirmed by the BBB:
36 N 1000 W, Hurricane UT 84737-3409
Many sources, including the websites run by the paparazzi consultants, mention that the accessories available on the site are manufactured in China. All of its items are claimed to be free of lead and nickel. There are reports that many of the accessories, especially the jewelry items, arrive broken and are not of great quality.
How Does Paparazzi Accessories Work?
As mentioned earlier, Paparazzi Accessories work on two models that include:
- Direct Selling: You can register with the site and buy one of the three starter kits (described later). Next, you need to sell the items you receive in the kit and earn 45% of the price (which is usually $5) on every sale. In other words, you purchase the fashion accessories from the site as a wholesaler and sell them further as a retailer. The model can be understood in the other way from the following image:
- Recruiting Consultants: Another way of earning from the site is through its veiled MLM model which is easy to understand. You need to hire new paparazzi consultants under you and it would make you eligible for the bonuses in the range of 5-10%.
However, the modes are not as simple as they appear. The site classifies its members on the basis of ranks. So, recruiting consultants and selling jewelry at different ranks bring in different benefits that are explained subsequently.
Paparazzi Accessories Compensation Model:
As you can see in the image above, the compensation model of the site is quite complex. Let’s make it easy for you to understand. To begin with, you need to earn two important terms:
- Personal Volume (PV): It refers to the persona sale that you, as an individual consultant, help the site to make. For every item of $5 you purchase from the site, you earn 2PVs. It is also a parameter that assesses how active you are as a paparazzi consultant. The more OVs you have, the more active you are counted.
- Organizational Volume (OV): When you start recruiting consultants, you start to build a team that is known as an organization. So, OV refers to the amount that your whole organization earns
Based on the number of PVs and OVs you earn, you would be promoted to the higher ranks. The ranks and their PV and OV requirements include:
- Consultant: It is the lowest rank assigned to the beginner. A consultant is not eligible for any of the bonuses but for the usual 45% commission called Retail Profit.
- Star Consultant: It is the next rank and to be promoted to it, you must earn at least 50 PVs. It would be possible by selling at least 25 items as each item adds 2 PVS to your account. At this rank, you will be eligible to earn a Unilevel 1 bonus of 5%
- What Are Unilevel Bonuses? As you recruit new consultants and they further recruit more of them, you keep on earning bonuses on each level.
- Director: For this rank, you are eligible if you have 50 PVs and 3 personally recruited active consultants. At this rank, you are eligible to get a 10% bonus at Unilevel 1 and 5% bonus at Unilevel 2.
- What Are Active Consultants? As the name suggests, an active consultant is one who is highly active on the site in facilitating sales and earning PVs.
- Premier Director: For this rank, you must have 50 PVs and 3,000 OVs as well as 3 personally recruited active consultants and you will be eligible to earn 10%, 5% and 5% respectively at Unilevels 1, 2 and 3.
- Executive Director: The eligibility for the rank includes 100 PVS, 6,000 OVs and 3 personally recruited active consultants. The bonuses are the same as that of a Premier Director, with an added Generation 1 bonus of 3%.
Likewise, you may get promoted to the upper ranks like Producer, Premier Producer, Executive Producer, Fashionista, A-Lister, Mavel A-Lister, Jetsetter, Luxe Jetsetter, and Impressionista, each offering more bonuses as seen in the image.
How to Sell Paparazzi Accessories? There are many ways suggested by the real consultants working with the site to sell the fashion accessories you buy from the site. Some of the popular ones include:
- Parties: If you are a woman, you may be hosting a lot of parties and attending social get-togethers. These are considered as the perfect events to promote the site’s accessories. The best part is that priced at $5 each, these items would appear affordable to most of the attendees.
- Salons: You may also approach a salon or a boutique to promote these fashion accessories among the visitors paying visits to these places on a regular basis. If you know a salon owner, it would be of great help to endorse these accessories.
- Fairs: Paparazzi Accessories allow its consultants to set up booths at fairs to sell their accessories. However, it can be costly and require a lot of time.
- Website: One of the exciting parts of joining the site is that each consultant gets his or her own website and that too free of cost to sell and promote these items.
- Social Media: You can also promote advertise Paparazzi accessories on your social media profiles like those on Facebook and Instagram.
However, it is important to note that the site restricts its consultants to use popular e-commerce sites like eBay and Amazon for this purpose.
How Does the Site Pay? Paparazzi Accessories pays its consultants by two methods – cheques that are mailed to the provided addresses and direct deposits to the bank accounts.
Minimum Threshold: In order to make a payment request for cheque as well as direct deposit mode, you must have a minimum of $20 in your account with the site.
What Do You Obtain with Paparazzi Accessories?
It is simple and straightforward to understand what you can obtain with the site. It would depend on a number of things:
- The number of items you sell
- The number of people you recruit as consultants
- How active your recruited consultants are
- What help, assistance and training do you offer to your consultants
- The rank at which you are positioned
However, there’s a big catch in the whole game. Suppose that you are at the rank of Star Consultant for which you need to have 50 PVs. For this, you will be selling 25 items. As each item costs $5, you will have your total revenue at $125. Now, considering that there is 45% commission involved in each sale, you will be precisely paying the distributor 45% of $125 which is $56.25. It would be a fixed monthly amount that you would be giving away. The monthly cost will increase further if you ascend to a higher rank. So, your profit margins with Paparazzi Accessories would be affected in a big way.
How to Get Started with Paparazzi Accessories?
Now, here is the most unusual fact about this platform. You can’t directly join the site. Rather, you would need to find a sponsor who would help you join the site. Who is this sponsor? Don’t worry. A sponsor is simply a paparazzi consultant who is already a member of the site and is looking to recruit more consultants under him or her. Next question – where to find a sponsor? No, you don’t need to go anywhere in search of a sponsor. You can search one right on the website by providing your ZIP code.
So, here are the steps involved in getting started with the site:
- Search and choose a sponsor
- Choose one of the starter kits
- Check out and start selling the items as you receive your kit with a Launch Party
Starter Kits: The site offers three different kits to start with. These include:
- Preview Pack: It costs $99 and packs 35 items. As obvious, the total retail value of the kits is $175
- Small Home Party Kit: At the cost of $299, the kit packs 120 items and has the retail value of $600
- Large Home Party Kit: With 200 items, this kit costs $499 while its retail value if $1,000
You also get marketing materials with each of the kits. The site claims that the preview pack can help a consultant earn a profit of about 76% while the other two kits promise a profit of 100%. How? The following image summarizes the answer:
Is Paparazzi Accessories Legit or Scam?
Legit! Legit! Definitely legit! In our view, Paparazzi Accessories is a legit platform as we know that the site:
- Has a verifiable physical address as well as contact information in the form of phone numbers and email id
- Is highly active on various social media platforms
- Has been in business for 9+ years which is obviously a long time for a scam to survive
- The consultants working with the site provide payment proofs from the site
To answer whether it is worth your time to join the website, take a decision based on the following pros and cons:
- Selling costume jewelry can be easy especially if you have a lot of contacts and also because the cost per item is low at $5
- Good earnings if you ascend to the higher ranks
- If you are able to hit with the buyers, there are high chances of repeated sales
- Getting started requires investments
- The accessories are reported to arrive as broken in the kits
- Requires a lot of advertising and partying
- The site focuses more on its MLM model
- The fixed monthly cost can be discouraging
What is the Final Verdict?
If you have a large group of friends and social contacts who would be interested in buying fashion jewelry and accessories, Paparazzi Accessories is indeed a good opportunity. However, we recommend you to start with the smallest kit. If you are not willing to invest anything, there are other online money-making sites that are free to join. However, if you have experience with the MLM model and are familiar with the efforts involved, this site is worth giving a try. We rate Paparazzi Accessories at 3 on a scale of 1 to 5.