Marketing your B2C company is not a very easy task when you know that there is a lot of competition on the market and your chances of standing out of the crowd are quite slim compared to those who have more funding.
That being said, if you use the latest B2C marketing trends to your advantage, you will be able to promote your company better and reach more potential customers. Here are the top five marketing trends for B2C companies.
#1 Video Is the Leading Content Format
Table of Contents
The first marketing trend you might have noticed already is that video remains the leading content format. Not only is it popular among audiences, but companies are now willing to invest more in their videos improving their quality and delivering more information in a shorter period of time.
Video content will continue being an integral part of any content marketing campaign because of its efficiency and effectiveness. A good video can be way more useful than any regular article. To help you get started with the format, here are some good tips to aid you:
- Determine the optimal length of your videos. Don’t jump to conclusions and take some time to determine how long your videos will be. If you are planning to use them a lot on your YouTube channel, then 10-15 minutes should be your target, because these are proven to be the most efficient ones.
- Think about the types of videos you will be making. There are many ways in which you can present information in your videos such as guides or tutorials, product reviews, lists, and so on. You need to think about which of these will be the most suitable for your campaign and then focus on these types.
- Choose either animation or live-action. You will notice that there are many animated videos on YouTube that are focused on delivering educational value. However, the platform recently updated its guidelines and animation is now perceived as content for children. This is why it is better for business owners to stick to live-action videos.
- Don’t forget to experiment. Don’t just stick to whatever you chose at the beginning. Instead, develop your video marketing strategy and find new ways to solve old problems.
#2 Social Media Stories Start Prevailing
When someone hears the word “stories” in the context of social media, they immediately think about the Instagram Stories feature. However, it is actually more complex than that. Brand stories are now being told via social media because target audiences mostly spend their time there and it is easy for companies to focus on these platforms.
It can be easy to discard social media as an ineffective channel for telling complex stories meant to build a brand image and help bring the company closer to its audience, but if done right, it is more than possible. Here are some tips on how to improve your brand storytelling strategy on social media:
- Use multiple tools on social media platforms. Storytelling is about using what you have to create something special. Instead of solely focusing on the captions under your photos or the articles you publish on Facebook, start using images, videos, GIFs, live streams, and so on to shape your brand and tell stories.
- Determine your main aim. You can have multiple goals that will help you gradually go through your journey step by step, but you need to understand that the main aim is essential for you to be able to keep yourself focused. Determine your main aim and then work towards it (e.g. build a community, shape your brand image, etc.)
- Try to be more human. Storytelling can’t be something mechanical. Your social media management department will be responsible for creating and posting content on your social media accounts and they need to make this content seem human instead of sounding corporate.
#3 Creating Content That Builds Loyalty
Another incredibly important aspect of shaping your brand image is creating content that builds loyalty. If you can’t find a way to build a dedicated community around your brand, you will not be able to have returning customers and, as everyone knows, acquiring new customers costs way more than retaining the ones you already have.
One thing leads to another, and you will soon realize that you ended up with an ambiguous brand that doesn’t have a following and doesn’t seem like it wants to find these people that will be loyal to the brand. To avoid such a situation, here are some tips on how to create content that builds loyalty:
- Be patient. Such things don’t happen overnight, so you will need to dedicate a lot of time and effort (and probably invest some money too) to truly create an inviting atmosphere that will encourage your customers to stay loyal to your brand and come back to make another purchase.
- Remember to be competitive. As a B2C company owner, you need to realize that there is a lot of competition on the market, so you will need to stand out of the crowd in some way to attract the attention of more potential customers and eventually turn them into loyal clients.
- Create high-quality content. High quality signals to your potential and current customers that they can trust your brand and rely on you in different ways. This is why hiring the right people to create your content is so important. For example, you can use Online Writers Rating to choose a writer who will have a good enough reputation while offering their services at a reasonable rate.
#4 A Greater Emphasis on Creativity
With the World Wide Web giving so many opportunities to both big and small companies, some businesses are looking for new ways to approach their digital marketing strategies. A greater emphasis on creativity is one of such solutions which ensures that the content you put out and the ads you create are unique and original.
Creativity is a complex notion that requires business owners, marketers, and content creators to brainstorm many ideas until they find what really works for them and can use these ideas effectively in their campaign. Here is some advice on how to handle this process of brainstorming ideas:
- Determine your pain points. There will always be something that you are bad at when it comes to marketing your B2C business. Perhaps this is the customer support you provide or the social media posts you create, but no matter what the problem is, you have to approach it responsibly.
- Remember about your ads. It’s not just about your content marketing campaign, but also about the regular ads you put out online such as PPC ads. But Internet users are so used to seeing them that they instinctively scroll past the ads they see even without so much as giving them a glance. If you manage to find a creative approach to creating effective ads, you will be able to change the way your ad campaigns usually perform.
- Being creative does not mean being weird. You don’t have to be a freak to attract the attention of your target audience. What you should do is find the right balance between originality and extravagance to create something truly special.
#5 Automation Takes Up Manual Tasks
Last but not least, though automation has been around for some time now, it is becoming more and more dominant in the digital marketing strategies of B2C companies. The problem with some manual tasks is that many of them can be done by programs, so it is only logical that they are given to programs instead of being reserved for people.
That being said, automation should not be used too much because automating some tasks is simply stupid. Not everything should be given to programs. Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to automating manual tasks:
- Make a list of all the tasks. If you can clearly see everything your team has to do, you will be able to separate the tasks that can be automated from the ones that can’t be. You should then make a list of the tasks you want to automate and find programs that will help you do this.
- Establish your budget. Not everyone can afford to have a budget, but you can still find many amazing programs for automation that will work just as fine as paid programs. But if you do have a budget, you will have more chances of finding exactly the programs that will fit your specific situation better than anything else.
- Remember about your people. Don’t just think about how you can save as much money as possible but rather think about how you can make your employees benefit from automation as well.
All in all, by following the advice in this article and using the latest B2C marketing trends, you will be able to sustain a successful B2C company that will prosper even in the long run as you evolve and change your methods and approaches.